Tan Sri Dato’ Yap Suan Chee
Tan Sri Dato’ Yap Suan Chee is the founder of Melati Ehsan Holdings Berhad Group.
With over 25 years of working experience in the construction and property development industry, Tan Sri Dato’ Yap’s leadership, foresight and prudent management has spearheaded the Group through numerous noteable and prestigious construction projects. Amongst the pioneering projects undertaken by the group includes the former French Embassy in Jalan Ampang and a design and build scheme in Medini Iskandar Malaysia. Most recently, we have completed the construction of the TNB Quarters in Kelana Jaya.
His personal philosophy of building an ethically responsible company is the guiding light behind the Group’s core values. His firm commitment in remaining humble throughout its growth and a strong belief in building mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with contractors and associates is the cornerstone to the Group’s success. He believes in giving back to society through charity, often preferring to remain anonymous; and also contributes to community-building initiatives that improve the lives of others.
Tan Sri Dato’ Yap is ensuring the legacy of the Group continues through his children – training and inculcating in them the core values that has held him and the Group in good stead as they grow from strength to strength.
Tan Sri Dato Yap’s Awards include:
- Malaysian Fujian Exemplary Leaders and Outstanding Entrepreneurs Award 2017
- Top 250 most influential Malaysian people in The Peak Magazine’s 25th year anniversary issue (2014)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (Outstanding Category) 2009
- 2008 – Conferred the title “Tan Sri”
- Malaysian Fujian Exemplary Leaders and Outstanding Entrepreneurs Award 2007
- 1996 – Conferred the title “Dato” by the then Sultan of Selangor